Whitsunday Islands National Park
Facilities and activities
Views from Whitsunday Peak, Whitsunday Islands National Park. Photo: J Heitman.
Continental islands lying off the Queensland coast 25km east of Airlie Beach
Whitehaven Beach is world famous for pure white sand and clear waters. Secluded beaches, fringing coral reefs and distinctive hoop pines complete the spectacular island picture.
Visitor facilities update after tropical cyclone Debbie
Tropical cyclone Debbie has damaged natural areas and some facilities within this national park. Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service is working to open visitor facilities as quickly as possible. Check for current status of facilities before your visit.
- Whitsunday national park islands
- Whitsundays visitor facilities and activity summary
- Nature, culture and history of Whitsundays national parks
- Visitor facilities update after tropical cyclone Debbie
- Whitsunday Ngaro Sea Trail
- Whitsunday Great Walk
- Mackay Highlands Great Walk
- Whitsunday area visitor guide
- Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
- Be pest-free! brochure
- Whitsundays Plan of Management
- Species lists