Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area
Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area offers clean beaches, good fishing and coastal camping. Photo: Robert Ashdown, Queensland Government
- Camping at Inskip Peninsula
- Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area – geotechnical summary report
- Media statement: Plenty of capacity at Inskip for campers
- Risks associated with nearshore instability, Inskip Point, Queensland
- Risks associated with nearshore instability, Inskip Point, Queensland (text only)
- Risks associated with nearshore instability, Inskip Point, Queensland – Drawing set
- Survey report: Combined high resolution multibeam and vessel mounted & terrestrial laser survey of Inskip Point
- Conditions report
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.
Facilities and activities
Traditional Owners have a long and ongoing relationship with the area. In order to acknowledge the important connection with Aboriginal people, the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) urges visitors to treat the country through which they walk with respect and care.
About 250km north of Brisbane and 9km north of the town of Rainbow Beach.
- Read more about getting there and getting around.
Inskip Peninsula is a narrow, sandy finger of land built up by wind and waves. It forms a natural breakwater at the entrance to Tin Can Inlet and Great Sandy Strait. Inskip is a gateway to World Heritage-listed Fraser Island. Beach she oaks, cypress pine and other coastal trees and shrubs shade the very popular camping areas ringed by open ocean beaches and sheltered estuary shores. All are within 15 minutes drive of Rainbow Beach.
- Cooloola Conditions report (updated fortnightly)
- Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area map
- Inskip Peninsula independent recreational horse riding area map
- Cooloola and Inskip Recreation Areas discovery guide
- Cooloola Recreation Area map
- Camping information
- Camping during peak periods
- Dogs and other pets
- Campfires, fuel stoves and barbecues during fire prohibitions
- Cooloola Recreation Area vehicle access permit information
- Organised event permits
- Fire management brochure
- Great Sandy Region Management Plan
- Teachers' and group leaders' package
- Safety video clips
- Camping and vehicle access permit refunds
- Over-the-counter camping booking offices
- Species lists