Camping in Lamington National Park and along Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk temporarily suspended
This alert applies to the following parks:
Due to ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie, camping within Lamington National Park and along the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers and do not enter closed areas.
This closure includes:
Lamington National Park
- Green Mountains camping area (tent and caravan sites)
And all remote and bush camping areas:
- Darlington remote bush camp
- Echo Point bush camp
- Illinbah bush camp
- Lost World Creek remote bush camp
- Lost World Saddle remote bush camp
- Mount Bithongabel bush camp
- Point Lookout remote bush camp
- Rat-a-tat remote bush camp
- Running Creek remote bush camp
- Stinson remote bush camp
Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk
- Green Mountains walkers' camp at Green Mountains.
- Woonoongoora walkers' Camp at Numinbah Valley.
All permits for closed areas are suspended for the duration of the closure. To apply for a refund or gift card, please visit www.qld.gov.au/camping.
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
Park Alerts will be regularly updated regarding conditions on park. The next update will be provided by Tuesday 2 May 2017.