How we assist you
The Queensland Government is committed to achieving healthy and active communities by developing and supporting opportunities for people to participate in structured and unstructured sport and active recreation.
It does this by working with sport and active recreation organisations to enhance organisational and individual capabilities, foster participation in regular physical activity, and promote Queensland as an ideal sporting destination.
A responsive industry built on improved capabilities and skills will assist in the growth and development of organisations which are able to provide relevant community participation opportunities.
We are committed to ensuring the industry's employees and volunteers, at the elite and grassroots level, have every opportunity to develop new skills and enhance existing skills.
- providing strategic advice and associated services to enable the sport and recreation sector to respond to new and emerging challenges and operate on a more sustainable basis in the medium to longer term
- developing policy frameworks and strategies to support industry development
- designing and implementing funding programs
- supporting the development of international standard sport and recreation facilities
- partnering with key clients to identify and optimise opportunities for international training and competition
- delivering business tools to assist the industry to better target opportunities to attract and develop greater participation in physical activity.