Volunteer management resources for clubs
The following pages contain links to resources, tools and templates to help clubs improve their volunteer management strategies.
Answer the questions below to highlight areas where your club may need help.
Topics covered include volunteer recruitment, retention, and recognition, and training and development. Volunteer management and risk management plans are also covered.
Recruiting, retaining and recognising volunteers
- Does your organisation have a current volunteer management plan or recruitment and retention strategies?
- Does your organisation actively reward its volunteers?
If you answered No, or for further information, see Recruiting, retaining and recognising volunteers.
Training and developing volunteers
- Does your organisation actively encourage and provide opportunities for education, training and development of its coaches and officials?
If you answered No, or for further information, see Training and developing volunteers.
- Does your organisation have a child protection policy?
- Do all volunteers, coaches and officials hold blue cards?
- Does your organisation encourage or provide training for coaches, volunteers and officials in the area of behaviour management.
If you answered No, or for further information, see Volunteer protection.