Play by the Rules campaign
Sport and active recreation is an essential part of life for all Queenslanders. It is important that clubs use best practice tools to support their communities to participate in a safe, fair and inclusive environment.
The Queensland Government is working closely with the Play by the Rules team to create a safe, fair and inclusive environment for Queensland’s children to participate in sport and active recreation. Play by the Rules resources aim to build the capacity and capability of sport and recreation clubs to prevent and deal with discrimination, harassment and child safety.
To assist clubs to create safe, fair and inclusive environments, Play by the Rules provides access to free resources and online training opportunities. Visit www.playbytherules.net.au.
A quick guide to Play by the Rules
- Complement your existing club policies, procedures and codes by using the templates in the Club toolkit
- Check out the Got an Issue section or Interactive scenarios for helpful advice on current issues
- Promote the Play by the Rules Champions with these online videos
- Take the free online training course and tell your club members and volunteers to give it a go
- Use the About Complaints section, Interactive complaint handling tool or watch the Complaint handling videos for advice on dealing with complaints
- Download the free posters and flyers and display them in your clubhouse.
For more information on how Play by the Rules can be used to assist your club, refer to the Play by the Rules website, contact the department at SRS.email@example.com or contact your regional office.
Other initiatives supporting inclusive, safe and fair sport and recreation
There are a number of initiatives and organisations that aim to create inclusive, safe and fair junior sporting environments. See our junior sporting initiatives page for details.