Sport and recreation publications
The following resources are available for you to order and/or download:
Please refer to our Corporate documents section.
A booklet designed to help parents and early childhood carers incorporate safe, active movement into their baby's daily routines. Available free to parents, early childhood carers and professionals, hospitals, ante-natal Clinics and not-for-profit Community Health Centres.
A resource for toddlers and their parents and carers to use together to learn more about the importance of physical activity and basic active movement skills.
A booklet for parents, teachers and early childhood professionals that includes fundamental skill development activities and games to help preschoolers 'get active'.
The department has a number of school resources which have been developed to assist teachers build more links between physical activity and the school curriculum.
The Daily Physical Activity — A Guide for Schools is a 'how to' manual for primary and secondary teachers that focuses on getting school children active and instilling positive attitudes towards an active lifestyle.
Three electronic formats are available:.
- iPhone App - The app is free for download through iTunes and emphasises the ‘fun’ aspect of physical activity
- Daily Physical Activity — A Guide for Schools (resources are currently being updated)
- Download and install the Daily Physical Activity — A Guide for Schools application
- Sport dimensions for playing areas Western Australia Ministry for Sport and Recreation, 1998, $18.00 including postage and handling within Australia, $19.80 including GST. Download for free.
- Australian Sports Commission's Catalogue of resources
A full list of Aussie Sport, Women and sport and other useful resources can be purchased from this website.
- South East Queensland Outdoor Recreation Demand Study Report 2007
- Outdoor Recreation Trends in South East Queensland between 1997-2007
- Sport and Recreation Queensland and Department of Natural Resources, 2000. Order from the Queensland Outdoor Recreation Federation, phone 07 3369 9455.
- All previous South East Queensland Demand studies and the Central Queensland Demand Study are available on a CD and can be obtained from Sport and Recreation Services, phone 07 3405 6941.